Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hanami!!!

Sakura are blossoming all over town! On my drive home from work tonight I saw several that were nearly in full bloom. The sakura that are currently blooming are pale pink in color.

I'm inspired to drive around with my camera and take pictures. Perhaps I'll even post them.

Our Kanzan cherry (or Kwanzan, as I have also seen it written) -- a dark pink variety -- has big fat buds, but they haven't opened yet.

Last year we introduced some of our local tea friends to Hanami. They're hooked and we're hoping that this weekend will provide us with good weather so we can enjoy Hanami at Laura and Karin's, whose neighbor has a lovely white-flowering cherry which is about 30 feet tall and easily enjoyed from their back yard. It's kind of exciting, not knowing when the party will be. I hope it's this weekend, I can't wait!!!

Know any good Hanami songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment