Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back from Arizona!


We made it back from last week's birdwatching trip! I spent three days camping in the Cave Creek area of the Chiracahua Mountains in SE Arizona with Kristin, Laura and Pia, three birding friends. It was THE most fantastic birdwatching -- I added 28 birds to my life list. Many of the birds we saw were male warblers moving in to stake out territory and await the females which are a few weeks behind them. We were told that in a few weeks more species arrive or migrate through, and the best birding is April and May.

In the center foreground of the above photo is Snowshed Peak, according to Google maps. Behind it is Chiracahua Peak, 9,759 feet. To the left is Sentinal Peak and to the right is Flys Peak.

I'll get some more photos together soon, along with more details of the trip. It's good to be back, but I really want to do more birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment