Friday, January 1, 2010

The year of Friday Poetry

Skies redden, sun settles
Rain storm puddles on rooftops
The view from the Hall

: :

With the closing of the year, my Friday Poetry Project is at an end.

My original goal was to post one haiku per week -- not necessarily to compose a poem, just post one. Some of the poems I posted this year were written in years past. Some weeks I wrote several poems, other times were dry spells. And a couple posts weren't my poetry at all, but simply about poetry or haiku.

I find myself taking a mental snapshot of a moment, then later writing about it. Sometimes finding the right words is a struggle, but writing more makes the words come a little more easily. Not always, though, and that's part of the challenge that fuels creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment